- 1 container Smokey Sama SPREAD
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (vegan available)
- 2 tsp. tamari or liquid aminos
- ½ cup cooked black-eyed peas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté onions in olive oil; set aside.
- Chop black-eyed peas in a food processor or blender; set aside.
- Chop rolled oats and pecans together in food processor or blender.
- In a bowl, mix rolled oats, pecans, and black-eyed peas with all other ingredients saving Smokey Sama SPREAD for the final ingredient to add.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Optional: Spray balls with olive oil before baking.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until balls are nicely browned.
- Serve with barbeque or other favorite sauce.
Yield: 20 balls