An easy Sama SPREAD cheeze ball for your holiday parties. Delicious!
1 – 8 ounce container of Sama Spread (smokey or cheddar)
2 “Shakes” of powered garlic
10 Ritz crackers – gluten free are an good alternative
1/2 cup of walnut or pecan pieces chopped
2 TBS of your favorite jam (strawberry and cranberry are great)
Directions to Make:
In a bowl, mix garlic power into Sama SPREAD; set aside.
- Place crackers in a ziplock bag, close, then use a rolling pin, large jar, or large glass to crush them into a fine meal. (NOTE: the number of crackers you crush will vary with the kind of crackers you use.)
- Thoroughly blend cracker meal into the Sama SPREAD.
- Using your hands, roll mixture into a tacky ball. Be careful how much cracker meal you mix in! You want the ball to be sticky so as the ball “sits,” the cracker meal will absorb the moisture in the Sama SPREAD. If the ball is not tacky enough, after it “sits,” it will become too dry.
- Gently poke a hole into the ball and place jam into its center; reshape ball so you don’t see the jam.
- Roll the ball in nuts until covered.
- Serve with jam showing, or not, with carrot sticks, crackers, or thinly sliced baguette.
- Feel free to make your Cheezy Nut Ball without jam if you prefer!