This recipe makes 16 to 20 small patties.
2-1/4 cups water
1-1/2 cups short grain white rice
Dash of Salt
Pepper to taste
1 container (8 oz.) of your favorite Sama SPREAD
1 cup cornmeal
½ cup oil for frying
1. Fill large pot with water
2. Add rice
3. Bring water to boil over high heat (no cover).
4. Reduce heat, cover and let rice simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Turn heat off once the rice has absorbed all of the water.
6. Leave pot covered on stove for 10 more minutes. Rice will “sticky”.
7. Add salt, pepper, Sama SPREAD and cornmeal and mix well. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
8. Heat oil in frying pan until very hot. Then take one heaping tablespoon of mixture and drop into hot oil. Press down with spoon to flatten.
9. Fry on one side until golden brown and then flip and continue to do the same until all the mixture is used up.
Serve hot and enjoy!