This delicious recipe makes 12 half cheezy jalapeno popper boats. Great snack for an appetizer, movie and TV watching or anytime you want a healthy high protein pick-me-up!
6 jalapenos, cut in half
1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
½ cup cheddar style Sama SPREAD
¼ teaspoon chili powder
Oil Olive for brushing on peppers
- Measure 1/3 cup tortilla corn chips and place in a ziplock bag. Close bag and use a rolling pin to crush into small pieces. Set aside two tablespoons of these crushed chips for the final topping. Mix the rest of the crushed chips with Sama SPREAD and ¼ teaspoon chili powder. Set aside.
- Cut each jalapeno in half using gloves. Then remove the seeds.
- Brush each side of jalapeno with oil and place on cookie sheet- cut side up.
- Put stove on LOW broil on low and then place the cookie sheet on a middle shelf in oven.
- After 5 minutes, turn the pan around 180 degrees and broil for 4 more minutes.
- Take cookie sheet out of oven and flip each pepper around. Now the bottom side will be facing the broiler. Then place in broiler for 3 more minutes
- Take cookie sheet out of oven and then fill each half with the Sama SPREAD/crushed chip mixture using a butter knife to fill. Top each half with a sprinkle of crushed chips